Day one of training was today. What a fun filled day it was. What I’m about to tell you may not seem that much of a crazy day, but it was. If you have ever spent anytime overseas you may comprehend what my day was like.
It started out like any other day. My alarm went off at 7:30. I proceeded to roll around in my bed for another 30 minutes attempting to wake up. After finally getting out of my bed I decided it was shower time. I grabbed my stuff and headed towards my bathroom. Now my bathroom is a little odd. It’s a full size bathroom that is the same size room as most ½ baths are in the states. My shower head is almost directly over my toilet; thankfully it’s not squatty potty. The morning is the worst time for a shower, the hot water is powered by solar panels and if it hasn’t stored up enough energy from the day before it is cold water. So I took a cold shower and in the middle of my shower the power went out. Just lovely. I took a very dark cold shower to start my day. But my day actually did get better. I spent some quality time in the Book and it was absolutely refreshing. Then came training. Me and my team gather in the living room with a hot cup of french press coffee, my favorite. We began with our testimonies and then went into telling stories. We worked on the story about the man who was possessed by evil spirits. I’ll go ahead and tell it to you now.
One day Jesus and some of his closest friends were in a boat crossing a lake. On the other side of that lake lived a man that was possessed by evil spirits. Now the people of the town would try and bind him and chain him down but he was to strong and broke out of the chains. He was uncontrollable. He would wonder the hillside all night and day and go into the places where they would bury the dead and scram as loud as he could and cut himself with stones. Now when Jesus was still far off the man that was possessed by evil spirits saw Him and ran to Him and fell at His feet. He said “Jesus, Son of the most high God. Why are here to bother me? Please do not torture me?” Now Jesus had already commanded the evil spirits to come out of the man. Jesus asked the evil spirits “what is your name?” The evil spirit replied “many, for there are many of us in this man.” Then the evil spirit pleaded with Jesus to not send them far away. There was a herd of pigs on a nearby hill and the evil spirits asked Jesus “please send us into those pigs over there?” Jesus gave them permission. The evil spirits immediately left the man and went into the pigs. The pigs went crazy and ran down a steep hill. Now the men guarding the pigs saw what had happened and went to the city and told the people what had happened. The townspeople went out to see what had taken place. They surrounded Jesus and found the man who had once been possessed by evil spirits sitting down, fully clothed, and in his right mind. The people were fearful. They asked Jesus to leave. As He was leaving the man who was once possessed cam e to Jesus and asked to go with Him. Jesus said “No. Go to your friends and family and tell them all the wonderful things that God has done for you and the mercy He has shown you.” So the man did. He also went to the other 10 cities and told all that God had done for him and the people were amazed.
That is the story of the man possessed by evil spirits. It may be different than what you are used to, but that has its reasons. I also had language training this afternoon. Talk about a crash course. Over the next 2 weeks I will be taking over 15 hours of intense language training in Nepali. It is not an easy language. I pray that God will give me the gift of tongues so that I can learn it fast.
So I told you that the day started off rough with a cold and dark shower, but it is ending amazingly. I had a little bit of home today. Good old fashioned, homemade sweet tea. It was a blessing for sure. Hopefully it gets better with a hot shower in the light. Love all of you that are lifting me up daily. It is truly a blessing.
oh, man. the small pleasures of things like french press and sweet tea when you are abroad. sunday's home fellowship thing sounds absolutely incredible... hopefully you can tell about those sometime! and the motorcycle thing.... that rocks my face off. it's only the beginning of insane stories. it's really good that you're documenting them...
ReplyDeletetake care! the same spirit that raised christ from the dead is within you; go walk in boldness! :)
Luuuuke! You da man! We got yo back!
ReplyDeletedp