So this last weekend was filled with some great adventures. I have been very fortunate in my over 21 years of life to have done a lot of amazing things. There is one thing that I have always wanted to do but have never really had a chance to do. That one thing has been to ride a motorcycle. Now you may wonder “how has a person like you Luke never been on a motorcycle?” Very good question. I have no idea. I solved that issue Saturday morning though. Now here Saturday is the day or worship. So me and one of my new friends went to a small village outside the city. Now let me paint you a little picture of what that ride may have been like. If you have never been overseas to see of driving is then I will try and help you visualize what it is like. Imagine trial you might take your off road vehicle on. Pot holes bigger than the car, trees sticking up out of the road, no lines, no signs, no light, and more vehicles than there is space. Imagine you are driving down your basic 4 lane road. Typically that means 4 cars, 2 in each direction. Wrong that means at least 3 cars, a bus, a dozen motorcycles, a few cows, and random people everywhere (don’t forget the trees and pot holes). That was what the road is like. On top of that it is monsoon season so the roads are muddy and wet. I’m sitting on the back of a very small bike riding through all of this heading into the mountains. On the way home I had to ride in the rain, even more of an adventure. Overall my adventures on a motorcycle are just beginning. I have many more rides in front of me over the next 4 months, and I’m looking forward to each one of them.
Like I said, Saturday is the day of worship in Nepal. I was able to attend an incredible place just outside the city. I walked in to hear an awesome guitar solo going on, with the bass pumping out, and some pounding on the drums. Let’s just say I felt at home. I couldn’t understand a word that was being sung, but it was beautiful none the less. The power went out at one point and the guy on the drums kept going and so did the people until the generator go kicked on. It was a blessing to be among such strong followers in a dark place. Gives new meaning to the term light of the world. I can’t wait to go back an experience it all over again.
So Sunday is my day off. It is an amazing thing at that. Although I’m not to worn out yet, I know I will be in 2 months and will love that day off. I was able to sleep in and get some great reading done. The Book has been amazing as of late. I’m starting at the beginning of the Good News and it has been amazing. I have heard some of the stories all my life, but the words come to life when you read them yourself. Matt has been incredible for my heart as of late and I’m anxious to move on to his friends. I got some great shopping done as well. I went to tourist central of Kathmandu. I had a couple things that I was determined to get. I was successful. I am now the proud owner of Band of Brothers and the first 4 seasons of NCIS. I am taking request for cheap movies if I can find them. Seasons of shows are cheap and easy to find here. Sunday night is house fellowship. A bunch of fellow “friends” gather in a home a spend time telling stories from the Book and in worship. It is a blessing to be surrounded by such a strong cord of friends. It lifts my heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment