Thursday, August 5, 2010

My last days in Delhi

I know this may be a little bit behind, but I've been a little busy. So here is the update on my last few days in Delhi. It was a great time there. Got to make some great friends with some students there. We got stuck in a rainstorm in one of the mall areas and got the opportunity to spend about a hour talking to some college guys there. We talked about life in general for both of us. They wanted to know about America and I wanted to know about India. It was some great hang out time. Even got to become Facebook friends with one guy. I'm excited about that. Although I had a great time there, there was one setback. I got what is commonly known as Delhi Belly. Now if you've been to Delhi, or overseas for that matter, you probably know what I'm talking about. Here it also known as "loose motions". Now I won't go into any details, unless you message me and want to know. Lets just say that my stomach got upset and anything spicy that I put on top of didn't make it feel any better, and everything is spicy here. One of the coolest parts about being in Delhi came on Sunday morning. I had the amazing opportunity to visit a worship service there. It was small and was in a basement, but I could see some amazing things there. I couldn't understand the words, but I knew the power that was there. At the end of the service came the greatest part. I got to take part in communion with the community there. It was a blessing my life to see the work that is being done ahead of me and knowing that before I came and after I leave there will still be work being done. Delhi was great but overall it was dirty, hot, crowded, and very unfriendly. Well lets just say that was all about to change for me starting Monday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment